1. Update on the back yard: Signs are in place and look good. The fence is progressing well. We will plan to stain it on work day. Dave Lynch has volunteered to do work on the garden, and we will likely include garden clean up in work day as well.
2. Lease negotiation: The draft document on the process of negotiating the lease was reviewed and approved with minor alterations. We will track paid renters only for BIMS. Scott will keep track of this for us.
3. Tim’s stipend procedure: The draft document on the process for determining Tim’s stipend was reviewed and approved. This process will take place after the end of year financial reports are available for review and a process of discussion was agreed upon.
1. Financial matters: The financial report was presented and approved. We’re just ahead of budget enough to cover the likely cost of the fence, which was an unanticipated expense. Tracking expenses (as requested by BIMS for lease determination) is difficult in part because we cannot track in kind donations by RCZC members. We will attempt to transmit a report to the BIMS treasurer quarterly with notes from our treasurer for clarification. Talus has indicated he will be willing to return to the Treasurer position and Marti will continue to oversee the bookkeeping for one more year, through 2016. Our current bookkeeper will not be continuing in that position after February. We would like to find someone, ideally a sangha member, who can take on that position. This requires the ability to do Quickbooks and will take an anticipated 5-8 hours per month. The bookkeeping position pays $15/hr for this work. We’ve had a request for assistance with retreat fees from one of the members who does a great deal of work setting up retreats. After consideration the board approved the idea of allowing a optional sliding scale of reduced fees for the Ino, retreat manager, registrar and Tenzo.
Downloadable Financial report: 2015 QTR3 Financial Report.xls
2. January 2 work day: A plan for the work day was presented by Tim. The list of tasks to be performed was approved. The morning of work will be followed by a social meal and then the Practice Committee will meet.
3. The annual meeting will be January 20, and we will discuss financial and planning reports and get an update (and perhaps a workshop) from the members who attended the conflict management course.
4. Report on workgroups: Tim reported on the workgroups he oversees. The Practice Committee will be meeting quarterly after workdays. The Zendo Programs workgroup will meet on January 13. The Technology workgroup has been an informal group without scheduled meetings.
5. We will be seeking a new secretary for the board, as John will be ending his term soon.
6. The next board meeting is scheduled for January 6, 2016.
Next meeting date:
respectfully submitted Ken Oates for John Wiley