Full Value Contract
1. Plan for RCZC Orientation 1.2
- Ken reported progress on a second orientation/information package for people who have been attending RCZC events for a while and want to learn more about our practice. Ken will make final edits and post full-package contents on RCZC website and post information on bulletin board in the lobby.
2. Policies for Board Member Selection
- Edie reported that the position of registrar has been filled by Marion Heyn. Talus will train Ed Wayt as bookkeeper. Thank you Marion and Ed.
- Chris Patton has agreed to join the Board beginning January 2017. The Board invites any pertinent feedback regarding this appointment.
3. Annual Fund Video Update
- Ken reported on the progress of a "clever video" he will produce to be the centerpiece of RCZC annual fundraiser during the month of December.
4. Spiritual Director Contract, Policy, Performance Standards and Review Documents
- Tim has reviewed and accepted the SD 3-year contract, with one question. Edie will contact attorney for clarification. The SD contract will be signed by the Board and Tim by the end of November. The contract goes into effect January of 2017.
- The Board discussed the timing of SD performance review and Tim's goals and intentions for 2017.
- Edie will revise RCZC by laws to reflect Tim's new position. After Board approval, the revised bylaws will be posted on RCZC website.
- Edie will compose an email to all RCZC members reiterating the several-month process of codifying Tim's stipend, role and responsibilities.
5. Sound Board to Amplify Speakers' Voices
- The Board discussed ways of amplifying the softer voices of dharma talk speakers. We need to investigate possible materials.
6. Kenya Project Update
- Tim reported that RCZC raised over $2000 that was sent to his Kenyan family to pay for a water pump and school scholarships.
1. 3rd Quarter Financial Report/Begin 2017 Budget Planning
- Talus reported third quarter income down 13% from last quarter, possibly because Samish retreat registration was down this year. The January through September income was up 26% over 2015.
- Note to donors: For tax purposes, if you are donating to specific projects, either monetary or in-kind, please fill out a reimbursement form and identify the project you are supporting so we can include the cost in our expense budget.
2. Board Member Assignments for Supporting Workgroups
- Board members support workgroups and bring information and requests from them to the board twice a year as follows:
Board President supports the building and garden workgroups.
Vice President supports the Annual Fund workgroup.
Treasurer supports and reports on the Finance Committee and will support the Technical & Website workgroup.
Secretary supports Membership.
Tim leads and supports the Practice Committee.
Jaren will support Zendo and Practice workgroup.
These positions may change beginning in January 2017. The Board requests any feedback from members.
3. Annual Meeting
- The RCZC annual meeting is scheduled for Sunday, February 5 from 10 a.m. to noon. The meeting includes the 2016 financial report; volunteer appreciation, information about Tim's new role, and a calendar of events for 2017.
Next Board Meeting: December 7, 2016 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen