1. Tim's stipend review: The review will take place at the next board meeting---February 3rd, 5-6pm. Tim will submit his proposal to the board prior to the meeting date.
2. Backyard gate and fence: The cost was higher than anyone expected, and more than the board approved, and there are no policies in place for that kind of situation. The board discussed changing the biding process for projects costing over $1,000.00. Written bids will be required for any project over $1000. Bids will include a maximum cost. A sangha member will be appointed to work with contractors and keep track of costs.
1. Bookkeeper recruitment: Since Amy has stopped being the bookkeeper and Marti is no longer treasurer, Marti will take over bookkeeping temporarily, and has asked the finance committee to investigate Moneyminder software to see if it is a good tool for RCZC. The software costs $159 per year. Moneyminder is designed for small non-profits and volunteer labor rather than professionals. The board suggested that Marti start a 30 day free trial to check the adequacy of this program. We will be looking for a volunteer from the sangha to do some bookkeeping, approximately 8-10 hours per month. A job description will be written up and there will be a stipend for this work.
2. Anne Mikkelsen has volunteered to become the treasurer's assistant. She will work with Talus, the new treasurer, to learn the role over 2016. Thank you Anne.
3. We are looking for a new board secretary, since John will be leaving that position in March. See John for more information about that position, and a job description is on the website.
4. An agenda for the annual meeting was reviewed and revised in preparation for the January 20th meeting from 7-9pm.
5. The conflict of interest policy has been reviewed and signed by all board members, which is an annual requirement for all 501c3 organizations. A copy of that document, with signatures, will be placed in the sangha notebook downstairs.
6. Garden committee proposal: The board recommends that someone who is knowledgeable about plants and what needs to be done in the garden, oversee a committee of garden volunteers and train them to maintain it. The board will look for a volunteer to head the committee as well as committee members.
Next meeting date: February 3, 2016 5:00pm
respectfully submitted John Wiley