A new workshop on flower arranging with Barbara Johnson
The Way of Flowers: bringing nature into your home with art of Japanese inspired flower arranging.
By bringing together the influence of Ikebana, bonsai, flower arranging, meditation and a love of nature, we will gently explore “the essence of life”.
This art of flower arranging can be practiced anytime, anywhere and by anyone. Learn how simple guidelines and practice can assist you in creating an inspiring flower arrangement along with deep feeling of nature in our lives. We will explore how we “feel” about the lines of nature, how “less is more”, and how open space allows our eye to follow a simple line of beauty.
Tools and materials:
- Vases and clippers will be provided (or you can bring your own)
- Vases, containers, and kenzans (frogs) will be available to purchase at cost.
- Plant material will be provided Class size: Maximum 8
- Cost: for materials only $10 each (please bring cash or a check to Barbara Johnson to class)
Preparing for the workshop:
If you have time before the class, take a walk in your yard or park and notice how you feel about what you are seeing. What moves you and how does it feel in your body? Notice the colors and the lines of different trees, bushes, flowers and plants. If you find a rock, stick, twig, flower or something that moves you, if practical you might bring it to class.
Directions to Barbara's house near Big Rock Park in the Silver Beach neighborhood.
3967 E. Maryland St Bellingham, WA 98226
- Heading towards Whatcom Lake at the corner of Alabama Street and Northshore Drive, turn left onto Northshore - you will drive a short distance toward the East shore of Whatcom Lake
- Turn left onto Silver Beach Avenue (church is on your left, Lake on your right)
- Go a short distance on Silver Beach Road. Turn right onto Peter Street and drive two short blocks to the dead-end.
- Turn left onto E Maryland Street. (It is a also a dead-end street.) At the sign (red and white dead-end), turn right into the driveway.
- You can park in the driveway or on E Maryland St. just below the house.
Questions? Please contact Barbara at 360-603-2030 or email@example.com