1. New Board Members
- Welcome to Jaren, officially joining the board as at-large member in November, and Chris, who is considering joining the board in January 2017.
2. Plan for Second Orientation Process
- The Board discussed Ken's presentation of a draft outline for a secondary orientation for new members of RCZC. Ken will complete a revised draft to present to the Board in November.
3. Let Love Be Our Legacy
- As part of the county-wide interfaith initiative, RCZC will host an open Sit on election day, November 8 from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
and the following day from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Check the website for more information.
4. Spiritual Director (SD) Contract
- The Board discussed and agreed to going forward to engage a local attorney to review the SD contract.
- SD Performance Standards and Review documents were discussed and approved.
- RCZC Bylaws will be revised once the SD contracting changes are completed.
5. 501(c)3 Update
- Talus reported RCZC's 501(c)3 non-profit application has been received by the IRS. The application is posted
on the website under Finance Work Group.
1. Wild Apricot Contract
- Because of increased email subscribers, RCZC will need to upgrade our account with Wild Apricot,
resulting in a fee increase of $50/mo. The Board agreed the upgrade is necessary for serving all members
and subscribers. Edie noted that we need to use the functions of the website more efficiently.
2. Board Member Selection
- The Board discussed the need to improve communications to the sangha when selecting new Board members.
Edie will draft a policy for the Board's review and adoption at the November meeting.
3. RCZC Facebook Page
- The Board discussed the need for coordination and communication between the board and all groups or individuals planning publicity for events held at or hosted by RCZC.
4. Zafus for Mindfulness Northwest
- Tim requested permission to use 10 zafus for his Mindfulness Northwest class 10/16-23.
5. Sangha Suggestions
- The Board discussed having a microphone to be used during dharma talks so soft voices can be better heard. It was decided that
such equipment is too expensive, but we might try making and placing portable sound board behind speaker to help acoustics.
6. Ken, who is in charge of our Annual Fund campaign, suggested developing a clever video for the annual fundraiser in November
and December,. The Board approved his plan.
RCZC is looking for a registrar. Check website for job description.
We are also looking for a bookkeeper 4-8 hours/mo @$16/hr. Check website.
NOTE: Wednesday evening (10-12-16) one member volunteered to be registrar and another was identified to be
bookkeeper. Both positions are now filled. Thank you!
Next meeting date:
respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen