Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DATE: April 13, 2016
PRESENT: Edie, Ken, Talus, Tim, Anne
Full Value Contract
- to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
- to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
- to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.
- Contractor Policy: Edie presented new version of RCZC policy for future contracted projects $1000 and over. The board discussed it and approved the agreement form. Talus will update the contract policy on our website.
- Budget Review and Decisions: The 2016 budget is not ready for review. Work continues, by the finance committee, to complete application for RCZC 501 © (3) status. The second Finance priority is converting to the new simplified accounts and bookkeeping software. The board noted current plumbing and supply costs and increased costs of nontoxic cleaning supplies. Thank you to Scott, building manager, for calculating the average weekly attendance of both BIMS and RCZC building users. The Annual Fund Drive donations were less than last year. Thank you notes have been sent to donors.
- The Quarterly financial report will be posted on our website.
- The board will present gift of appreciation to Kate for her three years of service as Ino.
Spiritual Director Stipend: The board continued discussion of the issues around Tim’s stipend and job description. The board will review the issues in preparation for a special board meeting on May 4th, at which time they plan to make a decision.
- The board discussed the possibility of creating a new position of events coordinator, who would oversee and manage publicity for our events and activities.
- The board discussed the possibility that Tim would assume an ex-officio role on the board so that he could devote more time to teaching. With this change, the board decided to seek a new at-large board member. Anyone interested in taking that role, please speak to a board member.
- A Master Gardener candidate in training has offered 40 hours of service to reinvigorate our Zen garden. She will be supervised by Bob Penny, and the board agreed to provide $100 for seeds and plants.
- Anne Mikkelsen has been nominated to serve as board secretary, replacing John Wiley, who held the position for three years. The board deeply appreciates John’s service. Over the current month, the board invites feedback from the Sangha on Anne’s nomination.
Next meeting date: Special board meeting May 4, 2016
Next regular meeting to be determined
respectfully Anne Mikkelsen