Samish Sound Engineer
- set up the sound amplification system
- record each day's dharma talk (assure teacher presses 'record'
- during talk, be ready to swoop in with another mike if the one in use fails
- after talk, recover gear
- The room is boomy and reverberating. Try for clarity without becoming overpowering.
- Set up the system the first evening and practice with someone.
- Make sure the pad is off (not lit rea)
- Set the treble to mid/noon position and turn up as needed for clarity.
- Set the bass very low, 9 o'clock position or lower and only turn up for presence if needed
- Turn the master to about 10 or 11, and then control the speaker's volume with the channel's control
- Turn the system on and wait until the teacher is ready before turning the volume up.