Full Value Contract
1. Annual Appeal Progress: Chris presented the status of The Annual Appeal efforts. To date 2/3 of the envelopes have been stuffed and preparations are on schedule for online appeal activation and appeal letters to be mailed out early in August.
2. Meeting with BIMS: Ken reported on his brief meeting with BIMS Board President, Linda. Ken will continue to work with Linda to resolve the chair storage issue. Linda reported that BIMS would like to retain their slot for use of the Hall on Thursday nights.
3. Membership Report: Anne met with Terrell and Desiree to determine any confusion over membership discounts for retreats. Terrell will talk to Tim about the Wild Apricot registration option on the website. Terrell offered to design an online accessible (click here) form for anyone requesting a scholarship or discount.
1. Scott, RCZC Building Manager: Scott has requested the Board to review our event reservation policy/contract with consideration to the current refundable deposit of 20%. Based on the work involved in setting up a rental of the Hall and frequent cancellations, Scott requested that the Board consider a revision of the contract to make the deposit non-refundable. The Board decided to make Scott's request to revise the contract to read: "Non-refundable and non-transferable fee."
2. Search and Rescue Beacon: Bob Penny requested approval for purchase of a search and rescue beacon, an emergency satellite device, to be used on Mountain & RIvers hiking retreats. Discussion included questions regarding insurance coverage for retreatants. RCZC insurance covers participants for liability only. For example, in the event of an accident, if medivac is required, that service is not covered under our policy. All participants on hiking retreats should understand the coverage and sign a waiver. Ken will search for an appropriate waiver form. We also discussed the funding of the beacon and the possibility of raising the price of hiking retreats accordingly. The conclusion was that Bob would be consulted regarding which beacon is most appropriate. The Board approved a preliminary budget of $500 for the purchase of a beacon, with a request of notification before purchase.
3. Amendment to Spiritual Director Contract: Based on Tim's change of job title from Spiritual Director to Guiding Teacher, Ken proposed an amendment to the contract with RCZC, which Tim signed in advance of his new title. The amendment is to insure that the contract is still in force with Tim in the Guiding Teacher position. The Board reviewed the proposed amendment. We will consult with an attorney and make a decision regarding the amendment.
4. New Volunteer: Bernadette Prinster has accepted a position on the Finance Committee. Thank you, Bernadette.
Next Board Meeting: August 9 at 5:30
respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen