Full Value Contract
1. Building Emergencies: Scott will make a list of what actions to take in the case of a building emergency. The names and contact information of members who are available to respond to emergencies will be posted in the lobby.
2. Confidentiality Agreements: This document has been undated. Confidentiality Agreements will be signed by members of the Board and members of the Membership and Finance Workgroups. The signed agreements will then be stored downstairs in the office. The purpose of the agreements is to protect member's financial privacy.
3. New Volunteers For Workgroups: Terrill and Ken met to discuss recruiting and engaging new volunteers for workgroups. Currently, when someone volunteers for a specific workgroup, Terrill notifies the workgroup leader. Ken will send emails to all workgroup leaders to be alert to Terrill's notifications.
4. Investment of Sangha Funds: Talus reported, the Finance Committee will meet on Monday, May 22 to further discuss the investment of sangha savings.New Business:
1. Annual Fund Drive: Chris presented a draft of the Annual Fund Drive letter. The Board reviewed and added a few edits. Chris will send a revised copy of the letter to Board members for final approval. This year's appeal will be conducted in August, exact date TBD.
2. Andrea Thach Insurance Coverage: The Board discussed Andrea's request to join Red Cedar's insurance coverage for her pastoral work, Whatcom Zen, in Ferndale. A motion was made and the Board voted unanimously to approve Andrea's request. The following statement will be posted on RCZC website: "Andrea Thach has been approved to extend outreach for RCZC under the name of Whatcom Zen in Ferndale, Washington."
3. Journalists to Cover Tim's Services: Tim requested permission to allow WWU journalism students to film during Friday Noon Sit. The students are working on a project about religion--underrepresentation of non-christian traditions. The Board approved the request. Sitters will be directed on where to sit to be excluded from the filming if they so choose.
4. Requests for New Volunteers: The Finance Committee sought ideas from the board on who to invite to join the Finance Committee. We are also looking for a Shopper.
NOTE: The stack of chairs in the zendo were contributed by BIMS.
Next Board Meeting: June 7, 2017 at 5:30
respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen