Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
DATE: June 8, 2016
PRESENT: Edie, Talus Ken, Anne, Tim
relationships, process, values and mission
Full Value Contract
- to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
- to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
- to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.
- Cleaning Supplies Status: All scent-free cleaning supplies have been brought up to date. And all incense has been removed from the building.
- Role Change Updates: Anne Mikkelsen is formally welcomed as secretary of the board.
- Tim begins his new role as ex-officio member of the board.
- Tim's Stipend: The board discussed the increase in Tim's stipend and his new role as ex-officio member of the Board.
The board agreed that the suggested increase in stipend be announced for comments at the Sangha Conversation meeting on June 29th . All members are encouraged to attend and comment regarding Tim's stipend either at the meeting or in writing.
- Building Maintenance: The board discussed the fact that upkeep on our building is increasing. It is essential that the downstairs be cleaned after all activities. The suggestion of a downstairs manager was discussed. Another suggestion is that we not accept anymore renters until we get housekeeping under control.
- Pest Control: Anne will contact a pest control company for an assessment of our rodent problem downstairs. Ken will purchase plastic food containers for the kitchen.
- Membership program enhancements: Anne will help with New Member support initiatives.
- The board discussed adding a new at-large board member. This opportunity will be discussed at the June 29 Sangha Conversation.
- Tuli has volunteered to help as Saturday work leader.
- Tim announced the gift of a prayer wheel for our garden. In addition Red Cedar received a donation for the building of a garden arbor and bench that would enclose the prayer wheel. Tim will work on a contract for the construction of the arbor and bench.
- Andrea will lead Women in Buddhism on Wednesdays in July during the regular evening program.
- The Practice Committee requests that anyone wanting to conduct special events in 2017 submit their proposals by 9/1/16.
respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen and Talus Latona