|Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting for: Wednesday April 8, 2015|
MEMBERS PRESENT: John, Marti, Chris, Tim, Edie
VISITORS PRESENT: None
full value contract
Old Business1.New equipment for the hall---we have a new coffee urn, will be buying a new vacuum ( research is underway) and will be adding some kitchen equipment including another rice cooker, based on recommendations from the tenzos
.2. The board reviewed the conflict of interest policy that Matt sent to the 501c3 committee and ok'd using it for RCZC business. The 501c3 committee will edit the policy to fit our organization. The policy will be added to our online documents. In addition, board members will annually sign an agreement to follow the conflict of interest policy. The signing will happen at the annual meeting in January and it is the secretary's responsibility to collect signatures.
3. From now on, when the board votes on financial compensation for any member of RCZC, individual votes will be recorded in the minutes.
4. The 501c3 committee continues to meet twice a month and work on the application---many thanks to Matt for all his work organizing the process.
5. The revised building rental policy and procedures document will be assembled and put into an RCZC Policies binder (thank you Tim). One copy will be in the library do one downstairs. Thanks Edie and Matt for all your work on the rental policies.
6. Software update: work continues transferring data to the new Wild Apricot system. There will be a work party Friday April 17 from 3pm until 8 or 9pm to continue this project. Open to all, please bring a laptop if you can, to help,with the project.
7. Sexual misconduct prevention training: Information about an online course was passed out and discussed. There were questions about course content, who might benefit from the training, whether RCZC could help with the cost, and how often the course is offered. As a sangha, we want to adopt guidelines for dokusan/practice discussion that include areas like confidentiality, disclosure, consultation and other areas. The board will continue to discuss these topics.
8. The board reviewed the updated volunteer organization chart. Thanks to Brian Kennemer for helping Edie create the new version online.
9. The board decided not to participate in a fundraising program through the PSE Green Power program, due to concerns about how much volunteer time might be required.
1.Sangha stewards: The board invites sangha members to submit nominations for sangha stewards. See page 9 of the Ethical Guidelines of RCZC for details of what the job entails. Sangha stewards are appointed by the board so please give your nominations to any board member.
2. The board just started to look at board mission, goals, workgroup organization, etc. We will continue this review at the May meeting.
next meeting is Wednesday May 6 at 5:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted. John Wiley
on relationships, process, values and mission
of good value
upholding the contract
sangha on the horizon