Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting for: Saturday February 7, 2015
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim, John, Edie, Marti, Chris
full value contract
1.The board approved contracting with Wild Apricot to update our website software.
2. The door code has been changed and an email was sent to all members with the new code.
3.Our annual on-line calander will be reviewed and updated by Tim and Terry.
4. Details about the sangha volunteer day which is scheduled for Saturday February 22 from 1:30-3:30pm will be posted on the website.
5. Our membership forms were reviewed and revised. when finished, the new forms will be online and paper forms will be in the lobby. A link to the online forms will be sent to all on our email list.
6. Review of board operations: information about the committees each board member supervises was handed out for review. Questions include "how are things working now? Are changes needed?" This material will be discussed and reviewed at the next board meeting. Board members will also review their own roles as well as volunteer roles and needs. An update in all these areas will be done over the next few months.
7. Notes from the annual meeting will be reviewed and sent out in March.
1.Treasurer report: The 2014 financial summary was reviewed and is available online. The 2014 annual fund drive raised $5000.00. Thank you to all who contributed. The money will be used to do some finishing and soundproofing in the library and to buy storage closets for other areas. Tim will be sending out thank you letters to donors.
2.A rough draft of the 2015 budget was reviewed and discussed.
3.A committee to finish our application for a separate 501c3 status with the IRS has resumed work on the document.4. Rental agreement forms for people/organizations renting the dharma hall are being reviewed and revised. They will be on the website when completed. We will be adding a "rental manager" volunteer position to work with people/organizations who are renting the hall or interested in renting the hall.
5. Our current lease is up in October, so negotiations will soon began on a new lease.
6. The next board meeting will be Wednesday March 11, 5:30-6:30pm at the dharma hall.
Respectfully submitted. John Wiley board secretary
on relationships, process, values and mission
of good value
upholding the contract
sangha on the horizon