Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting for: Wednesday March 11, 2015
MEMBERS PRESENT: Edie, Tim, Marti, John
VISITORS PRESENT: none
full value contract
1. Trader Joe's has been donating flowers to the dharma hall each week. A thank-you letter was sent to them.
2. The board is looking into some training on awareness of issues around sexual misconduct/sexual harassment offered by Faith Trust----a religious organization based in Seattle that specializes in this kind of training.
3. Wild Apricot update---the changeover is happening---information is being moved into the new system and eventually there will be training in how to use the system. Sangha members who are involved with this project are pleased with the system.
4. The 2015 estimated budget was reviewed and approved and is online for your review.
5. The 501c3 work is continuing. The committee will review progress on March 14th an may want to add a member to the committee to lead the effort. (Note to board members----I talked with Matt Wednesday night and he felt we might be closer to finishing than we realize)
1. Current membership information was reviewed---number of member and friend forms received, amount pledged, volunteer interests, contributions sent without joining, etc. The board will be using this information to update contact information, develop volunteers, and reach out to those members who haven't been in touch. Thank-you Terry for providing this information. Thanks to everyone who has filled out the forms, made pledges and donations.
2. The board is working on reorganizing the RCZC organizational chart, mainly in the workgroups, and finding more volunteers in some areas. This work will continue over the next couple of months.
3. The dharma hall rental program is being revised. Edie and Matt have been working on this and the board will schedule a separate meeting to devote to this topic.
Next board meeting----Wednesday -April 8, 5:30-6:30
Respectfully submitted. John Wiley. board secretary
on relationships, process, values and mission
of good value
upholding the contract
sangha on the horizon