Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting – (date)
Board Minutes June 7, 2013
PRESENT: Jeff, Talus, Tim, John
full value contract
Old Business: Conflict resolution process/progress The sangha conversation in May was a productive discussion providing material to help create a conflict resolution resource for the sangha. John will check with Edie (who is putting together the materials) to see what ideas have been submitted and if volunteers have contacted her to help with the work.
New Business :
1. Lummi Nation request for help opposing the coal terminal. Jeff and Tim went to a meeting along with a number of other religious groups. There are historical village sites and burial grounds at Cherry Point, and the Lummis are concerned about disturbing these sites and degradation of Puget Sound and the impact on Salmon and other animals. We encourage sangha members to imform themselves about this issue and if any members want the board to take more action, please let board members know.
2. Finding a new bookkeeper: Marti will continue her bookkeeping work until sometime in July. The board and others are looking into finding a replacement. If any members are interested in taking this position (training is available) please let Marti or a board member know.
3. New membership Coordinator: We need a volunteer to replace Edie as membership coordinator. Any interested members can contact Edie or a board member.
4. Dharma Teacher Expenses: Tim has encountered costs in his job as priest and dharma teacher---the cost of shusho fans from Japan, oryoki sets for priests he ordains, etc--He wondered if the sangha could cover the cost of these items. The board ok'd this request.
5. Regular Meeting Schedule: The board will meet regularly from 415pm to 545pm on the first friday of the month at the co-op connections building on Forest street. The next meeting will be Friday July 5th at 415pm. Members are always invited to attend Board meetings.
Respectfully, John Wiley secretary