Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting for: 2015 Annual Meeting January 3, 2015
full value contract
review agenda and set time limits
on relationships, process, values and mission
of good value
upholding the contract
sangha on the horizon
APPENDIX - REPORTS Hi everyone---Here is a list of comments and suggestions that were made at our annual meeting on January 3, 2015.
1. In the next RCZC budget, allocate some money to the library to purchase books requested by sangha members.
2. Add a line in the membership form like "if you would like to be a member but cannot afford to make a financial contribution at this time, you can meet with (to be determined) to discuss other options."
3. Change the time of the annual meeting to mid-January so there is time to gather end of the year financial information. Also, lets do a meeting summary at one of the Wednesday night meetings in January.
4. Post a notice in the lobby and on the website with info about who fills various roles in the sangha and who to contact with specific questions about membership, volunteering, etc.
5. Try to have more connection between each board member and the committees they work with.
6. Form a committee to finish the 501c3 work.
7. Have information about what volunteer jobs are open and the specific tasks each job requires.
8. List major decisions and changes at the beginning of each month's board minutes.
9. There was a question about what outreach activities we do during the year and how people find out about us. Would posters about our annual activities be helpful?
10. As a fundraiser, inviting a famous speaker might draw many people.
11. It's time to change the door code and we ought to schedule a deep cleaning of the dharma hall 3-4 times per year.
12. What can we provide for sangha members to help each person's practice?
13. Have classes taught by former shushos and newer members of the sangha to "blur the lines" and get the perspectives of both experienced and new practitioners.
14. A reminder that as long as zazen is at the center of our activities, things will be ok.
15.Regardless of any problems we may be having, things are going well and we offer a lot of practice opportunities at the dharma hall.